When I lived in Bali, I fell in love with the Balinese-style turmeric juice, Jamu Kunyit.
Turmeric is known to be one of the most powerful healing herbs. It is great for bones and joints as it has anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
Turmeric’s also a natural liver detoxifier and a kidney cleanser, and it speeds metabolism and aids in weight management. Plus it heals and alleviates conditions of depression, psoriasis, damaged skin, arthritis and more.
- raw honey
- 2 lemons
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
And you will also need the following: blender, strainer, bowl and mason jar(s) or other glass jar with lid.
- First of all peel the turmeric. (You will notice that your hands are yellow, but it is not a big thing since it yellow color will disappear with any kind of soap).
- Open the tamarind and get all the inner roots off. For this recipe you will need only the inner fruit.
- Next, take a big pot and fill it with water. Add the turmeric into it and put it on stove, leaving it to boil for about 20 minutes. Take it off from the stove once the water gets marigold color.
- While it boils, simultaneously put one inch water in a pan together with the previously peeled tamarind. Stir it with a wooden utensil until it dissolves completely into a jam like texture. In case it looks dry put some water to it. When the texture looks soft turn off the heat.
- Now add some cold water to the turmeric water in order to cool it down. After that put it into a blender together with the turmeric. It will have more flavor, since we boiled it. In the end you should get something that will look like an extra fiery marigold.
- Pour substance into the strainer that is placed on top of a small bowl to catch the tamarind. Strain the jam since you only need to use the soft part of the fruit.
- Now put together the turmeric water and the tamarind in a blender, and blend it for some time.
- The procedure is nearing the end. Squeeze the lemon into the blender and that is. Now put the yummy juice into your mason jar(s). If toy want you can now also add some honey. Close the jar and shake it.
- Keep it store in this way in the fridge for 3 or 4 day, and consume it every day.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon
Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Thanks For Reading...!
Don't Forget To Share This Post….
~-- Please like our Facebook Page --~
Like us On Facebook →